Last Updated: June 10th, 2018
Welcome to www.GardenHackSummit.com.
These Terms of Service (ToS) govern the use of this website, www.GardenHackSummit.com, the use of all other sites associated with GrowYourOwnVegetables.org, bkfarmyards.com, and all products and services offered now, in the past, and the future by BK Farmyards, GrowYourOwnVegetables.org and associated websites. Hereinafter, the use of the word ‘Site’ in this document refers to all sites owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by BK Farmyards and GrowYourOwnVegetables.org, including www.GardenHackSummit.com.
Hereinafter, use of the word ‘Content’ refers to all content contained on said Sites including any and all products and services. Hereinafter, use of the words ‘Agent’, ‘Agents’, ‘We’, ‘Us’, and ‘Our’ refer to any agents, associates, officers, directors, shareholders, subsidiaries, licensors, service providers, content providers, or employees, associated with BK Farmyards and/or GrowYourOwnVegetables.org and Use of the word, ‘Our Partners’ refers to any affiliates, their successors, transferees, assignees and licensees and their respective parent and subsidiary companies associated with GrowYourOwnVegetables.org and/or BK Farmyards and use of the words ‘You’, ‘You’re’, and ‘User’ refers to any individual accessing or using our site, products or services in any manner.
Accessing this Site, www.GardenHackSummit.com, or any of our websites or subdomains, and any of the information, resources, services, products, and tools herein (hereafter referred to as ‘Resources’) offered through Our Sites in any manner, automated or otherwise, constitutes use of the site and You (the User) acknowledge that You have read, understand and agree to be bound by the following Terms of Services (ToS) in its entirety. If You do not agree with (or cannot comply with) the Terms set forth in this document, then you may not use these Sites, products, or services owned or offered by BK Farmyards or GrowYourOwnVegetables.org.
We reserve the right to change these Terms in whole or in part and/or to impose new conditions on the use of this site, from time to time, as is deemed necessary and without notice. Any changes in part or in whole made to the ToS will be published to this link and in effect immediately upon publishing to this site unless otherwise specified. By continuing to use the site after any such changes, are published, you agree to accept and be bound by the most recent Terms of Service. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review these Terms periodically to familiarize yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of this site after such modifications will constitute acknowledgment and agreement of the modified terms and conditions. By continuing to use the Site after we post any such changes, you accept the Terms of Service, as modified. If you need to reach, you may contact email@example.com.
This agreement is in effect as of Jan 1, 2016.
Responsible Use and Conduct
By visiting our website and accessing the Resources, you agree to use these Resources only for the purposes intended and as permitted by (a) the Terms, and (b) applicable laws, regulations and generally accepted online practices and guidelines.
Wherein, you understand and agree that:
a. In order to access our Resources, you may be required to provide certain information about yourself (such as identification, contact details, etc.) as part of the registration process, or as part of your ability to use the Resources. You agree that any information you provide will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
b. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login information associated with any account you use to access our Resources. Accordingly, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account/s.
c. Accessing (or attempting to access) any of our Resources by any means other than through the means we provide, is strictly prohibited. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of our Resources through any automated, unethical or unconventional means.
d. Engaging in any activity that disrupts or interferes with our Resources, including the servers and/or networks to which our Resources are located or connected, is strictly prohibited.
e. Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell our Resources is strictly prohibited.
f. You are solely responsible any consequences, losses, or damages that we may directly or indirectly incur or suffer due to any unauthorized activities conducted by you, as explained above, and may incur criminal or civil liability.
g. We may provide various open communication tools on our website, such as public comments, product ratings and reviews, various social media services, etc. You understand that generally we do not pre-screen or monitor the content posted by users of these various communication tools, which means that if you choose to use these tools to submit any type of content to our website, then it is your personal responsibility to use these tools in a responsible and ethical manner. By posting information or otherwise using any open communication tools as mentioned, you agree that you will not upload, post, share, or otherwise distribute any content that:
- Is illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, harassing, degrading, intimidating, fraudulent, deceptive, invasive, racist, or contains any type of suggestive, inappropriate, or explicit language;
- Infringes on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party;
- Contains any type of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising;
- Impersonates any person or entity, including any www.GardenHackSummit.com employees or representatives.
h. We have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that we feel in our judgment does not comply with these Terms, along with any content that we feel is otherwise offensive, harmful, objectionable, inaccurate, or violates any 3rd party copyrights or trademarks. We are not responsible for any delay or failure in removing such content. If you post content that we choose to remove, you hereby consent to such removal, and consent to waive any claim against us.
j. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless BK Farmyards and its Agents from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of these Terms or the failure to fulfill any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under these Terms. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us
Limitation of Liability
In conjunction with the Limitation of Warranties as explained above, you expressly understand and agree that any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of products and/or services. BK Farmyards will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary loss or damages which may be incurred by you as a result of using our Resources, or as a result of any changes, data loss or corruption, cancellation, loss of access, or downtime to the full extent that applicable limitation of liability laws apply.
Last Updated: June 10th, 2018
We do collect information from online visitors who ask to be on our newsletter mailing list and/or receive periodic email announcements. Anyone who wishes can choose to be removed from our mailing list at any time. In addition, online visitors who wish to purchase a product or program through one of our websites must provide their name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card number with expiration date. All credit card transactions occur over a secure connection.
Your privacy is very important to us, we will never rent, sell or share your information to another party. All data we collect is protected against unauthorized access. We will never knowingly or willingly sell, trade, or give your personal information to other companies or organizations. Please note that if you give out personal information online through a discussion board or posting site, that information can be collected and used by third parties. We cannot guarantee the security of information you post in these forums and you agree to hold us harmless from any and all liabilities arising out of such sharing of information.
Collection of Information
www.GardenHackSummit.com is a website owned by growyourownvegetables.org and BKFarmyards.com. Information collected on www.GardenHackSummit.com may be shared with growyourownvegetables.org, BKFarmyards.com, and other sister sites owned and operated by growyourownvegetables.org, BKFarmyards.com. The information we collect fall under two categories: personal information and non personal information.
I. Personal Information
A. When We Collect Specific Personal Information
We collect information when you perform actions on our Site such as:
- create an account,
- participate in any interactive features of the Sites’ Resources
- subscribe to a newsletter or email list
- participate in an event, survey, contest or promotion,
- make a purchase
- communicate with us via third-party social media sites
- request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
What Types of Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information you provide directly to us on our Site such as:
- Email and/or Social Media contact
- Date of Birth
- Membership Log In & Password Information
- Preference or Interest data such as garden experience in years, time zone and location, etc.
- any other information you choose to provide.
And for purchases though our site will ask for information such as:
- Credit Card
- Addresses (Billing and/or Shipping)
- Phone Number
C. How & Why We Use Your Personal Information
The personal information we collect allows us to keep You posted on the latest Resources offered through our Site and Agents of www.GardenHackSummit.com. If You don’t want to be on our mailing list, You can opt out anytime by navigating to the unsubscribe link in e-mails You receive from www.GardenHackSummit.com.
We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our Resources, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
We may use Your personal information to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate Resources.
From time to time, we may use Your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to Your interaction with our Site, You may not opt out of receiving these communications as long as you are using our Sites Resources in any way.
We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our Resources.
II. About Non Personal Information
Non personal information may be collected directly or automatically. When you access or use our Resources, we gather some information automatically and store it. This type of data is a form that does not identify any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. We may collect information regarding customer activities on any of our websites.
A. When We Collect Non-Personal Data
We collect information any time you visit our Site and perform actions on our Site.
B. What Types of Personal Information We Collect
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Resources, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, language, Internet service provider (ISP), web request, access times, pages viewed, web browser, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data (links clicked and the page you visited before navigating to the Resources).
- Mobile Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Resources, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: www.GardenHackSummit.com and our related Sites and Agents, and our e-mail messages and advertisements may use “cookies” and other technologies such as tracking, re-marketing tags, web beacons and pixels based on context, e.g., a search query, a channel You are reading, or inferred interests.
- Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Resources and your experience, see which areas and features of our Resources are popular, and count visits.
- Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Resources or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
We may collect information such as business, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, and the time zone where a Sites Resource is used.
We may collect information regarding customer activities on any of our websites.
We may collect and store details of how You use our Site and Resources.
C. How We Use and Why We Collect Your Non-Personal Information
Our Goal & Purpose for collecting your non personal data is to better understand what you are looking for and how we can serve you.
We may collect and store details of how You use our Site and Resources. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our Resources.
Non personal information is generally gathered automatically and we use this information to administer the Site, to learn about user behavior on the Site, to improve our Resources, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
We track click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications. We also use it to account for Affiliate activity and pay Affiliate commissions and bonuses.
These technologies help us better understand User behavior, tell us which parts of our Sites people have visited and Resources people use, and utilize this information to facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches. We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as non personal information. We design and target advertising based on how You interact with our Sites.
D. Limited Ad Tracking
- If You do not wish to receive ads targeted to Your interests from us, You can choose to limit ad tracking, which will opt You out of receiving such ads regardless of what device You are using. You may still see ads based on context like a search query or a channel You are reading.
To limit ad tracking, you may use Your browser’s settings to disable cookies and other tracking tools. Please note that certain features of our Site may not be available once cookies are disabled.
III. Additional Use of Information
We may use both personal and non personal information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, improve and promote our products and services;
- Provide and deliver the information, products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Company and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Resources on this Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S.
IV. What Types Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Resources. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site; we may also collect information about you when you post content to our pages/feeds on third-party social media sites.
V. Storage of Information
www.GardenHackSummit.com will store whatever personal information You have uploaded on to our Site and non personal information so long as it is relevant to the improvement of our Site and Resources and for as long as you remain a member of our classes or events. If you do not open an email from us in 6 months you are removed from our email list and all your information is deleted from our system.